Friday, June 19, 2009

Charming

This is just a little blurb I speed-scribbled without any forethought. But still :P

"Charming"

I saw you through the window,
Through the smudgy glass panes into the garden.
Your profiled face was looking up into a tree
When you didn’t know anyone was watching.
I saw the gentle curve come to your lips
As you watched a cat on a limb, licking its paw with an air of royalty.
I saw your lips mouth silent words
And you reached up and scratched its head kindly.
Then you turned and began to walk away,
and I was saddened to see you go
But to my surprise you turned back, whimsically,
And bent over a rosebush, touching your nose to a flower on the side of the path.
Another gentle grin brushed your face before your back turned to me
And you continued on your way.
I will never forget that face, though if only I knew your name
Then I would know who to blame for melting my heart without even knowing it.
Well at least now I can put a face to charming.

-Copyright Kristen Stacy (aka RoseErifnosi) 2009-

No comments:

Post a Comment