Monday, May 3, 2010

The Flame

A spark in the darkness and she is born.
Wary at first;
slow,
gentle,
frail.

Though soon she is confident and eager,
thirsty for life.

She begins to dance;
mesmerizing,
tempestuous,
sultry.

Fascination bars your exit
and the dance commands your heart.
Her ravenous intensity flashes across your skin,
mirrored in eyes that are only for her.

The heat of her passion brings salty sweat,
and you gaze, fixated, into her blazing red depths
with a hunger of your own;
moving closer though you feel her delicious burn.

A blinding flare and they are one,
a explosion of heat and fire and light,
then out.

Nothing but glowing embers
to paint orange against the night sky for hours.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Another old poem from 2007, originally written in a text message. It took some time to tweak with the lines and make it look like a real poem.

I began writing this poem because I love fire. I find it really beautiful and entrancing. So I lit a candle, watched it, and wrote. Then I imagined (so as not to burn my house down xD) its change in behavior once it starts getting bigger.

I took all these observations and then personified my subject. It may appear that I did it the other way around, as in took a woman and gaze her the qualities of fire, but the intent when I first started was taking fire and "making" it a woman >.> I guess I got a little carried away with the secondary aspect towards the end but oh well, still came out nice and I still like my last line the best ^.^.

Hope you like it. Was very shy about releasing this one.

2 comments:

  1. Farewell,
    Fair maiden,
    I kiss thee,
    And I shall miss thee,
    Till the day we meet once more.
    Upon the rocky shore,
    Winds fly at our step
    As we leapt into
    Caressing, depthless blue.
    -Tim your old friend sn tanissilversoul on aim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that poem... I know it. I never saw this comment when it got posted :(

    ReplyDelete