Monday, May 3, 2010

Only a Writer

"Only a Writer"

I can't paint you a portrait,
like an artist who can reflect your beauty.
But I can write you a portrait,
yes, my interpretation of your heart's beauty
One that cannot lie.

This is my small gift,
and I have no others to share
My soul is my brush
and my words are my paint

I can't play you a song
like a pianist could do
All I can do is use words
to make music of you.
Instead of cord changes
I'll transition the mood
and instead of vibrado
I can rhyme for you, too.

But I will write for you, dear
anything that you want me to
Anytime that you want me to
Anywhere that you want me to.
Because I want to show you
how much I adore you.

You can have this small thing,
this small piece of me.

Because I am only a Writer.

(April 20, 2010)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I wrote this one spontaneously. I was kinda sad because I have no flashy talents like painting, or drawing, or playing the piano or violin. Unfortunately all I have is this small, unimpressive writing ability. But I will share it nonetheless ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment